The new air cargo terminal was launched at the new Muscat International Airport
The new air cargo terminal is ready to start operations at the new Muscat International Airport. Exports from the building have already started this morning, and all operations will be transferred to the new building tomorrow evening.
Mohammed Al Zaabi, CEO of PACA said, “We are very pleased with the successful operation of the new air cargo building with a capacity of 350,000 tons per year and an expansion capacity of 500 thousand tons. The equipment includes state-of-the-art technologies to keep pace with the steady growth in air traffic".
Over the years, Oman Air has proven to be a major player in the Middle East market for both cargo and passenger movements with remarkable Cargo and Passenger growth which is expected to continue. Today we will open the curtain behind the technologies implemented.
The Fully Automated Cargo Terminals in Muscat & Salalah further reinforce Oman Air’s base in these two airports as a major international cargo hub. ALS will provide two 20ft Fully Automated ETVs (Elevating Transfer Vehicles), Truck Dock Interfaces to the Land and Air Sides, Fully Automated TV System (Transfer Vehicles) with a proven IT software and hardware system for the entire material handling with an easy to operate, state-of-the-art man-machine interface. The combination of modern equipment and latest IT solutions will guarantee total control and prompt reaction.
For the first time in Oman International Airport fully automated Cargo Handling system will be implemented. The system will operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
ALS Scope of job:
Installation of a turnkey cargo solution for the terminal which includes:
- 2 x 20ft ETV (elevated transfer vehicles) system
- ULD storage system with 4 levels with a total height of 11.5 m. 162 numbers of 20ft ULD & 7 numbers of 10ft ULD storage capacity.
- Airside bypass lanes , conveyors and RA decks
- Airside interface with 2 FMC conveyor and 6 tilting conveyors
- Lowerable workstations 10ft & 20 ft.
- Fully automated dolly passage in the middle of ETV system and bypass conveyor line.
- 10% Cold/freezer locations in the ULD racks
- Cold /freezer rooms for perishable items
- Doors for all freezer/ cooler rooms
- Racking systems for pallets and bulk storage.
- PLC & IT (Cargo control Host) for the of ETV system.
ALS team will further support Cargo Operations being permanently based on a site for maintenance purposes to assure successful and efficient operations.
One more time, congratulations to Oman Air!